Dr. Rohit Kumar
MD, MS, FMABS, FIASGO, FIAGES, FMAS, FHBPS, FACS
Specialist General Surgeon
Dr. Rohit Kumar is a reputed Specialist General Surgeon with a keen focus on Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery. Having decades of experience in the medical field, Dr. Kumar surpasses all forms of excellence and has the drive to learn more. He’s headed surgical departments in renowned hospitals and has undertaken specialized fellowships on several topics.
Some of them include a Fellowship in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery from Chiba Medical University, Chiba, Japan, and a Fellowship in GI Surgery & Oncology at Athens Medical Center, Greece.
Dr. Kumar has performed over 6,000 successful surgeries in tandem with his team. All his efforts are targeted toward the best patient care. He’s a true expert General Surgeon through and through and one of the best in the UAE.
His expertise is in Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery, but he is well-versed in other surgical interventions like breast cancer, varicose veins, proctology, and general surgical procedures. The novel laparoscopic technique is based on minimal access, invasion, and faster patient recovery. Dr. Kumar lives by the convention of comfort for the patient and optimum results through a conservative approach. A relaxed and calm patient is instrumental in successful surgery.
- International Association of Surgeons Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO)
- International Bariatric Club (IBC)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Colorectal Surgeons (IACSR)
- Indian Association of Gastro-Endo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgery of India (AMASI)
- Hernia Society of India
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
- Hernia Surgery
- Gastric Balloon Placement
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery
- MIPH–Minimally Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoids
- LIFT—Ligation of Intersphincteric Fistula Tract
- EVLT—Endovenous Laser Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Breast Surgery for Lumps and Cancers
- In-Growing Toenail
- Laser Treatment for Fistula and Fissures